Intro to contemporary art + free Van Gogh tour
For the summer of 2019 receive the six classes of the introduction to contemporary art with a special discount of 20% and a private FREE TOUR to the Van Gogh Exhibition.
Have you ever gone to a contemporary art exhibition and wondered how is it possible that this could be art? Would you like to have the tools to critically understand and enjoy an art exhibition?
In these six classes, you will learn what has occurred over the last 200 years of art history which has changed what we comprehend and define as Art. Why did we go from brass sculptures to sharks in formaldehyde? The classes will take place in multiple museums in London, allowing you to discover and analyse each iconic work directly.
1. National Gallery: The beginning of the revolution. Impressionists and post-impressionists (1850-1900).
2. Tate Modern. Pre-WWI artists: accelerating into disaster. Picasso, Marinetti and Matisse, among others.
3. Tate Modern. Post-WWI: Fixing the world after the crash. Surrealism, Constructivism and De Stijl, among others.
4. Tate Modern. After WWII: Don't worry and love the bomb. Rothko, Pollock, Beatriz Gonzalez, Warhol, among others.
5. Tate Modern: The Revolution strikes back: Rosemarie Cardoso, Joseph Beuys, Marina Abramovic, ORLAN, Yves Klein and the Guerrilla Girls, among others.
6. Gallery tour: the power of shock: Tracy Amin, Jeff Koons, Damien Hirst and Antony Gormley, among others
The value of each class is for one person only. Each class can be arranged individually in a particular time and schedule according to your personal needs.
You can reschedule the class with no less than 24 hours notice.
Whilst refunds are not offered you can reschedule your class to a date that suits you better within one year of purchase.